- Understanding the Effects of Trauma: Post-traumatic Stress . . .
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a condition created by exposure to a psychologically distressing event outside the range of usual human experience, one which would be markedly distressing to almost anyone, and which causes intense fear, terror, and helplessness
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Symptoms, Causes and Effects
Post-traumatic stress disorder causes short-term memory loss and can have long-term chronic psychological repercussions, according to the American Psychological Association (APA) and the NCBI Fortunately, psychotherapeutic intervention and treatment can alleviate and often eliminate short-term and long-term effects of PTSD
- What Is Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)? Can I Have . . .
Washington Academy of Sciences: “Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: What Happens In the Brain?” Dialogues in Clinical Neuroscience: “Traumatic Stress: Effects on the Brain ” © 2017 WebMD, LLC
- These Are the Symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Psychiatrist Charles Marmar, director of the Post-traumatic Stress Disorder Research Program at NYU Langone, spoke with Allure about PTSD, including causes, symptoms, and treatments
- Signs, Symptoms Effects of Post-Traumatic Stress . . .
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a serious mental health disorder triggered by exposure to a terrifying event PTSD symptoms may include flashbacks, nightmares, severe anxiety, and uncontrollable thoughts about the event
- How Does Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Change the Brain . . .
It may not be always apparent, but post-traumatic stress disorder Traumatic stress: effects on the brain Dialogues in clinical neuroscience, 8 (4),
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - PTSD - DAV
Post-traumatic stress disorder impacts 11-20 percent of Iraq and Afghanistan War veterans, approximately 12 percent of Gulf War veterans, and 15 percent of Vietnam veterans
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) - Symptoms and . . .
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event — either experiencing it or witnessing it Symptoms may include flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety, as well as uncontrollable thoughts about the event