- Death, Burial, and the Afterlife in Ancient Greece . . .
The ancient Greek conception of the afterlife and the ceremonies associated with burial were already well established by the sixth century B C
- The torture of the grave Islam and the afterlife - The New . . .
Muslims and the afterlife The torture of the grave Islam and the afterlife By Leor Halevi Published: Friday, May 4, 2007
- 10 Memorable Epitaphs from Ancient Rome and Greece
Epitaphs from the ancient world show us that human nature hasn't changed Hilarious or insightful, here are some of the most memorable
- Death quotes and epitaphs - Guillaume Dargauds website
Death quotes and epitaphs "At the end of Braveheart, William Wallace's last word was 'Freedom!' When I die, my last words will probably be more along the lines of
- ELYSIUM, ISLAND OF THE BLESSED : Greek Mythology
AFTERLIFE REALM OF HEROES : ISLANDS OF THE BLESSED, THE WHITE ISLE, THE ELYSIAN FIELDS Some of the famous heroes transferred to Elysium include :
- Headstone Sayings - Epitaphs Are Meaningful Words of Honor . . .
Headstone sayings are a meaningful, traditional last rite that will keep a family member's legacy alive for the ages Here are some ideas for creating the perfect saying
- Attributed to the Meidias Painter: Oinochoe-chous . . .
"Attributed to the Meidias Painter: Oinochoe-chous depicting women perfuming clothes" (75 2 11) In Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History New York: The Metropolitan
- Ancient Gravestone Epitaphs Give Insight into Early Jews . . .
Ancient Gravestone Epitaphs Give Insight into Early Jews and Christians Understanding Christian and Jewish tombstones from ancient Zoora