- United States Senate special election in Alabama, 2017 . . .
A special election for the United States Senate in Alabama took place on December 12, 2017, to fill a vacancy in the Senate through the end of the term ending on January 3, 2021, arising from the resignation on February 8, 2017, of Jeff Sessions to serve as U S Attorney General
- Governor Ivey Moves US Senate Special Election to Adhere . . .
MONTGOMERY – Governor Kay Ivey on Tuesday, April 18, signed a proclamation to move the special election date for the US Senate seat vacated by now-US Attorney General Jeff Sessions
- Roy Moore defeats Trump-backed Luther Strange in Alabama . . .
Former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore soundly defeated Sen Luther Strange in Tuesday's Senate primary runoff, overcoming heavy GOP establishment support for the incumbent, including from President Trump himself
- Jones wins Alabama Senate seat for Dems | TheHill
MONTGOMERY, Ala — Democrat Doug Jones pulled off a stunning upset Tuesday in Alabama, defeating Republican Roy Moore in the race for an Alabama Senate seat and dealing a huge blow to President Trump in the process
- McConnell proposes Sessions as a write-in to replace Moore
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell floated Attorney General Jeff Sessions as a replacement for Roy Moore, the Alabama Senate candidate accused of sexual misconduct and assault of teenagers when he was in his 30s
- Alabama’s Long History With Senate Special Elections
The 2017 Alabama special election for the U S Senate kicks off with party primaries this coming Tuesday (Aug 15) Should one or both parties have no candidate win a majority that day, a primary runoff will take place on Sept 26 Both sides have crowded fields, but given the dark red hue of the
- Sabato: Alabama Senate race now leans Democratic | TheHill
Nonpartisan election handicapper Larry Sabato has moved the rating for Alabama's special Senate election in favor of Democrats in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations against GOP nominee Roy Moore
- Politics and Government - CNBC
Get the latest news, commentary, and video for political events, politics, and the government